Hermosa Guest House
What You Need To Know When Booking
Terms & Conditions
Covid-19 Secure – Visit England have approved us as “Good to Go” in that we meet all the requirements to make your stay as safe as possible based on our Cleaning Regime and Social Distancing measures
Terms and Conditions
1) Reservations may be taken; however, bookings are only guaranteed when we receive valid credit or debit card details.
2) Payments for accommodation may be made by debit card or credit card. We do not accept cheques, American Express or Diners Card. BACS transfer may be accepted by prior arrangement.
3) Once a reservation is confirmed, a legally binding contract exists between the accommodation provider (Hermosa Guest House) and the person named on the booking form. A booking may be cancelled up to 7 days prior to the check in date. Any cancellations made after this time will be liable for the full balance of the booking. Any guests failing to arrive will be liable for the total cost of their booking. Any guests failing to arrive will be liable for the total cost of their booking. We recommended that guests take out Travel Cancellation Insurance to cover themselves to avoid losses due to any unforeseen circumstances.
4) Any monies that become payable due to extras requested will be billed and must be paid for within 24 hours of them falling due. No extras will be provided if there is a balance outstanding.
5) The proprietors of Hermosa Guest House reserve the right to cancel / terminate any booking where the conduct of a guest, or a member of the guests’ party has a detrimental effect on any other guest staying at The Hermosa. Should it be necessary to terminate a booking early due to unacceptable behaviour, the full balance of the stay by the party will be due and no refund will be given.
6) Cancellation by Hermosa Guest House: The proprietors of Hermosa Guest House, Scarborough shall have the right at any time (giving such notice as possible to the guest) to cancel the accommodation without recourse or liability to the guest for any loss, damage or changes caused by circumstances outside its control including, without limitation, an “Act of God”, war or the threat of war, riot, civil strike, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disasters, extreme weather conditions or notifiable diseases.
7) The proprietors of Hermosa Guest House cannot accept responsibility for any losses incurred by guests while staying at The Hermosa, unless the guest has handed the item in for safe keeping.
8) Only guests named on the registration form are allowed in guest rooms. Any person found bringing other persons into the property will have their booking terminated with immediate effect but will remain liable for the full balance of their stay.
9) The Hermosa proprietors reserve the right to levy a charge to any guest who damages any part of the property, either accidentally or intentionally. Lost keys will be charged at £30.00 per set of keys.
10) In the unlikely event that your room is double booked or The Hermosa has to cancel your stay due to circumstances beyond our control, we will attempt to place you at a property of the same rating. If the offer made to you is not accepted, we will refund any monies paid to date with no further liability to you.
11) *The Hermosa are willing to store luggage for guests arriving prior to the rooms being ready or for departing guests who are not leaving Scarborough until later that day, however, this is without liability for any items lost or damaged*.
12) Takeaway meals are not permitted in the bedrooms. Guests will be charged for extra cleaning or replacement of damage/stains to furniture and/or furnishings caused by food being taken into the bedrooms by guests.
13) Smoking and vaping or use of any electronic cigarette is not permitted on the premises and any guest found to, or believed to have been smoking or vaping in the rooms will be charged £150 for the cleaning of the room and will have their booking terminated immediately with instant effect.
14) We do not accept group bookings of all women or all men, parties or events
15) We do not accept children under the age of 10 years old.
16) Pets are not permitted under any circumstances.
*Check in between 15:00 and 18:00 on the day of arrival. Earlier or later check in by prior arrangement only.
*Check out time is 10:00 on the day of departure.
*On-street parking is available and permits are provided.